Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Productive Weekend

My sweet girl woke up early (4 AM) Saturday morning with the ickies :( After giving her some cough and congestion medicine, she did not wake up again until 11:00 AM..which also meant no church :(. All she wanted to do was lay around and watch VeggieTales or play on the iPad/LeapPad. We would not normally allow this but since she was feeling so bad, I let her do it. I was then a bad mom and used that time to work on some stuff that I wanted to do.

First, was to find a quilt pattern for a gift. I found a quilt that I loved about a week ago but unfortunately, the blog owner was not willing to share the pattern. So, I summoned up by inner math wizard (YEP, had a 790 on the Math SAT) and begin to design a pattern. After about two hours of sewing yesterday, I am happy to report, that the pattern that I created worked perfectly. I will post the pattern and quilt updates later in the week...my camera needs batteries!

Kayden had another rough night which meant sleeping in again, so I took advantage of the morning and while making me coffee and a light boiled egg breakfast (DH ALWAYS has a shake), I started to create three/four meals for the week. Yep...planning ahead...I try so hard to apply this concept in my life!!! Here is what I prepared:

1. For dinner tonight I have Beef Ribs cooking that I will later smother with a doctored up BBQ sauce and serve with Paula Deen's Corn Casserole baked in muffin tins and a veggie.

2. For tomorrow night, the Pioneer Woman's Tortilla Soup is currently simmering on my stove. I wanted to try this recipe a while ago after all the rave reviews and finally, I did. In NC, this will probably be our last full week of cooler temperatures so I am taking advantage of that. And a word of warning...the website says the prep time is 10 minutes...NOT. Umm...more like 45 minutes with cooking the chicken taking the longest time.

3. A Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole using the Savory Garlic Philadelphia Creme is in the freezer for Tuesday night.

Hopefully, one of the dishes will serve as leftovers for another night and we have breakfast each Friday for dinner, so that means that I have only one meal to have to fully prepare this week...YEAH!!!! I really need to get back to my monthly meal planning...hopefully this will be the jump start that I need! I am sure that the nights might shift as our schedule is ALWAYS subject to change, but at least I know that there will be food at home to eat!

Happy Sunday, Ya'll!!!

1 comment:

Nutsy Coco said...

What time should I be there for dinner???

Blog Archive

Search This Blog